- No annual fee
- Promotional APR for 15 months
- Generous cash-back rewards
- Requires good to excellent credit
- Foreign transaction fees apply
Application Process: Fill out the convenient online form, or call (866) 512-6673 to apply. Many applicants receive an instant decision, but sometimes it takes a week or two to hear back from American Express.
Wait to apply if you have bad credit. This card typically requires a FICO score of 690 or higher.
Fees: There’s no annual fee, so this is a great card for everyday purchases. The card doesn’t have a balance transfer fee either, so consider transferring over balances from higher-interest cards.
The AmEx EveryDay isn’t a 100% fee-free card, though. Expect to fork out $5 or 3% of each cash advance amount, whichever is greater. Foreign transactions have a fee of 2.7% for each transaction after conversion to US dollars.
Penalty fees are $38 for late payments and $38 for returned payments. There is no overlimit fee.
Rewards: Rewards vary depending on where you shop. Cardholders earn 2 points per dollar at US supermarkets for up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then the rate drops to 1 point per dollar. All other eligible purchases receive cash-back rewards at a rate of 1 point per dollar.
If you use this AmEx EveryDay 20 or more times during a billing period, you earn 20% more points on those purchases (with the exception of returns and credits). You can spend these points on more than 500 brands in the Membership Rewards portal or transfer them to participating travel rewards programs.
Bonus Offers: Score a hefty 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use the AmEx EveryDay card to make $1,000 in purchases during your first 3 months as a cardholder.
- Rated #7 in Best Credit Card Offers
- Earn 10,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Low intro APR: 0% for 15 months on purchases and balance transfers, then a variable rate, currently 14.74% to 25.74%.
- $0 balance transfer fee. Balance transfers must be requested within 60 days from account opening.
- 2x points at US supermarkets, on up to $6,000 per year in purchases (then 1x); 1x points on other purchases.
- Use your Card 20 or more times on purchases in a billing period and earn 20% more points on those purchases less returns and credits.
- Over 1.5 million more places in the U.S. started accepting American Express® Cards in 2017.
- No annual fee.
- Terms Apply.