- Unlimited flat 1.5% cash back rate on all purchases
- Easily obtainable bonus of $150 when you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months of account opening
- Value Penguin calls it one of the best cashback cards for low spenders
Travelers will appreciate that there are no foreign transaction fees associated with this credit card. Everyone will appreciate that you don’t have to be purposeful to collect your rewards, as the Quicksilver Cash Rewards Card offers a flat, unlimited 1.5% cash back rate on all purchases.
If you’re new to the world of credit cards, this card might be your perfect match. But if you’re a little more of an experienced user, you can certainly find higher percent cash back credit cards for a small annual fee that will likely be more than justified. A related example? The Capital One Spark Cash for Business credit card. Additionally, you may be interested in using one of the best Capital One credit cards for balance transfers... until you find out that it comes with a 3% balance transfer fee.
Do you think your credit card should pay you every time you use it? If so, Quicksilver® from Capital One® may be just what you’re looking for. The simple to use card offers unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, and there is no annual fee. With so much to gain and little to lose, this card may be a great addition to your purse or wallet. Follow along with this Capital One® Quicksilver® Review to learn if it is a good fit for your wallet.
Capital One® Quicksilver® review
This cash back rewards credit card is a simple, easy-to-use cash back credit card. You don’t have to worry about confusing rotating categories or tracking where and when you can use your rewards. Instead, get a flat rate 1.5% cash back every time you use your card for a regular purchase. For every $100 you spend, that is $1.50 back in your pocket.
Even better, new card holders get $150 in bonus cash back after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months of opening a new account. All of this with no annual fee!
In addition to cash back, this card comes with no foreign transaction fees, so you can use it while traveling the world without wasting money on fees. New cardholders may also appreciate the introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months. This makes it a good card to consolidate other, high interest balances to pay them off at a lower cost.
While this is a card with a simple rewards program, it is a good one. There are few opportunities to earn a better cash back rate with no annual fee and no complicated rotating categories. This card just works, and pays you back with real money.
Capital One® Quicksilver® rewards and perks
This card offers flat rate cash back on every purchase you make. In addition to the $150 signup bonus, you will earn 1.5% cash back everywhere. Depending on your spending habits, that can turn into a lucrative cash pile.
Once you save up your cash back, you have multiple options on how to use it. The three most valuable options for most users is to get an account credit, where your cash back is used to pay for a portion of your bill. You can also request a check in the mail or redeem cash back to pay for specific purchases on your statement. You can setup your cash redemption to be automatic based on a specific time period or dollar amount.
Capital One® also gives you the option to redeem cash back for gift cards, donate to charity, or limited options to transfer rewards.
Cash back never expires as long as the account remains open, so you can save up for something big like a trip or new gadget for home.
Capital One® Quicksilver® credit card benefits
Benefits from this card don’t stop at the rewards program. There is a slew of benefits you can take advantage of to improve your shopping and travel experiences.
As a Visa Signature® card, you get access to travel benefits including rental car collision damage waiver, travel upgrades and savings, and a concierge service to help you with your plans. If you lose your card on the road, Visa will rush a card replacement to you, or get you an emergency cash advance if needed. Plus, no foreign transaction fees so you can shop while out of the country without throwing away up to 3% in fees that many other cards charge.
For purchases, cardholders get an automatic extended warranty and shopping discounts at a handful of online merchants.
Applicants with lower credit scores that do not qualify for a $5,000 balance receive a Visa Platinum card, which offers similar but slightly lower benefits.
Capital One® Quicksilver® costs and fees
The Quicksilver® credit card has no annual fee, which makes it very competitive for cash back at no cost.
The card charges a variable rate APR based on your credit history. This interest rate can change any time with market rates. Enjoy an introductory APR for the first 15 months on balance transfers and purchases.
Balance transfers charge 3% of the transfer amount, and cash advances cost 3% ($10 minimum). Late fees cost up to $39.
Does the Capital One® Quicksilver® credit card make sense for me?
While there are some other cards that offer higher value rewards through travel miles and points, for cash back this is a top option. With no annual fee, a $150 signup bonus, and a simple 1.5% cash back program, this card is an easy way to earn on every purchase without an annual fee hanging over your head.
Compared to a debit card that offers zero cash back, this card is a no brainer for anyone with qualifying credit looking for simple cash back.
Application Process: Apply online just as you would with the other best Capital One credit cards on this list.
Annual Fee: Absolutely no annual fees! Definitely a perk of this credit card.
Rewards and Redemption Options: It’s very simple: earn an unlimited flat rate of 1.5% cash back, which does not expire. You can redeem this cash back as a statement credit or cheque.
Bonus Offers: Just about anyone using this credit card will earn a $150 bonus after spending $500 on purchases within 3 months of account opening.
- Rated #2 in Best Balance Transfer Cards
- Rated #1 in Tips for Choosing the Best First Credit Card
- Rated #5 in Best Credit Cards for Students
- Rated #1 in Best Gas Credit Cards
- Rated #2 in Best No Annual Fee Credit Cards
- Rated #1 in Best Credit Cards When You Have No Credit
- Rated #3 in Best Cash Back Credit Cards
- Rated #6 in Best Credit Cards with No Transaction Fees When Traveling Abroad
- Rated #2 in Best 0% APR Credit Cards
- Rated #2 in Best Credit Card Offers
- Rated #1 in Best Starter Credit Cards
- Rated #6 in Best High Limit Credit Cards
- Rated #4 in Best Credit Cards for Military Personnel
- Rated #2 in Best Capital One Credit Cards
- One-time $150 cash bonus after you spend $500 on purchases within 3 months from account opening
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase, every day
- Use your Quicksilver card and get 50% back as a statement credit on your monthly Spotify Premium subscription, now through April 2018
- No rotating categories or sign-ups needed to earn cash rewards; plus, cash back won't expire for the life of the account and there's no limit to how much you can earn
- 0% intro APR on purchases for 9 months; 14.24%-24.24% variable APR after that
- Balance transfers also have a 0% intro APR for 9 months; 14.24%-24.24% variable APR after that; a 3% fee applies to each balance transferred
- Pay no annual fee or foreign transaction fees